Players are held responsible for the action of their families, relatives or friends and must abide by the following rules:
- Spectators are encouraged to forecaddie (stand in landing area and watch balls) and must stay up with, or ahead of the group they are following. Standing behind your group can delay play behind you.
- Galleries must keep their distance from players on the course and until players leave the scoring area (25 yards, walk in rough or on cart path).
- Coaching of any kind is prohibited. Parents may bring food/drinks, clothing, etc. to players but must do so without excessive conversation.
- Abuse, harassment or interference with volunteers or officials will not be tolerated.
- Talking on mobile devices or use of noise making electronic devices is prohibited. Texting is allowed but all mobile devices must be silenced.
- Spectator carts will not be allowed unless a handicap placard or official doctor’s note is provided. Temporary injury may not be a valid reason for a spectator cart. Only carts authorized by the Committee will be allowed on the course.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed at WJGA events. WJGA events are a smoke-free environment. Smoking, vaping or use of any tobacco product is only allowed off course or in the parking lot.
- Dress Code for Gallery: All spectators, family members and others must observe the dress code of the course being played and encouraged to follow the WJGA Dress Code Policy.
PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF GALLERY RULES – PENALTY APPLIES TO PLAYER ASSOCIATED WITH SPECTATOR
|Second Infraction||1-stroke penalty|
|Third Infraction||2-stroke penalty|
|Fourth Infraction||Person asked to leave the course and may be refused future gallery privileges. If person refuses to leave, the player may be DISQUALIFIED from the tournament being played or suspended indefinitely from future WJGA events.|
|Note:||Fourth infraction penalty can preempt warning if violation is flagrant|